Removing ink from finished product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing ink from finished product

I can't find anything on this topic- how do you remove ink after you complete a burning project? I am using ink transfer for very detailed projects utilizing acetone. I lightly sand after the transfer but since I need the detail I can't remove too much of the ink. My problem is, once I am finished burning I have a beautiful picture but there is still some ink you can see- (the burn is brown and the ink is black- very annoying) I can't remove it with erasers, I can't remove it with more acetone (just smears), and I can't remove it with any chemical product I have found. I have tried photo transfers with heat- the transfer is less complete and still the ink can't be removed after the burn. What do the professionals do? you have any suggestions?

Have you tried a more traditional technique like a light carbon paper transfer or pencil sketch?

Comment

Thank you for replying, the problem is using carbon paper I can't get sufficient details- I burned the mona lisa and there was no way I could do a carbon paper transfer and I am not a good enough sketch artist to draw it myself. Any suggestions?

Comment

I was considering the issue further, has anyone ever sealed the wood prior to ink transfer and then burned. I wonder if sealing the wood would allow for removal of the ink when the project is done.

Comment

Working...
        X