Where's everyone gone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's everyone gone??

For the last few days I've looked in on the Forum several times and found hardly any messages. What's happened? I thought we were all going great guns and some interesting conversations were occuring. But now it's all gone quiet. Having said that I notice that there are actually 9 new messages in the "New Posts" bit.

I've tried to generate a bit of interest in a Group for members on this side of the GBP, but none of the second lot of people I've invited have been online since I sent out invitations a few days ago, so there aren't as many Group members as there could be. Never mind - I'm a very patient pyrographer so I will just wait and see.
    Lesley
    Bedfordshire, England

www.wydon.co.uk

Re: Where's everyone gone??

I'm here ... but I am still working under the newbie moderation period ...
    CarvingPatterns.com - Carving & Pyrography Patterns - over 2000 line art designs

LSIrish.com - over 450 pages of free online tutorials

Comment

I'm here also... I keep checking for new post to see and learn.
      Eric

Liberty Twp (Cincinnati), OH

If today were perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow !

Comment

Thanks Folks - things do seem to be picking up a little now.

Hey Susan - I've got a few of your books and I'd like to say 'thank you' for them. Obviously I have your Great Book of Woodburning, but I've also got your book of Classic Carving Patterns, your Great Book of Dragon Patterns, and on a recent trip to Idaho I bought your Great Book of Tattoo Designs. All well-used now - so many wonderful illustrations. What's next?? <BG>
        Lesley
        Bedfordshire, England

www.wydon.co.uk

Comment

As a matter of fact, Leslie, Simple and Elegant Copper Jewelry has finally made it through the art drafts stage with two more behind it. One is another pyrography book and one will fall into the mythology pattern book group. The one that is on the table needs ten to twelve more finished artworks and I am done for the year .... Sigh!

So ... what do you want to see next?

Susan
          CarvingPatterns.com - Carving & Pyrography Patterns - over 2000 line art designs

Comment

The pyro one and the mythology one will do very nicely thankyouverymuch <BG> I have more than enough hobbies without thinking about another one like jewelry-making, although having spent a few days in the Australian gemfields we did manage to find loads of sapphires and zircons. I'm just trying to figure out how in incorporate them into my woodburnings

Looking forward to their publication, just as long as amazon.co.uk stock 'em.

Lesley
            Lesley
            Bedfordshire, England

www.wydon.co.uk

Comment

I'm here too. I have been doing far more reading than talking and I have been learning lots.

My first project is coming along fine and I will have a progress pic later today when the camera batteries are charged.

Cheers,

Tom

Comment

I'm here a few times a day, needless to say it's really quit here....but I suppose we have to grown!

@ Susan : looking forward to the mythology book, I have almost all your books, and I like them all.
                I love also fantasy art, mythical, wizards....not the color book drawings, but just your style i think....
                Maybe a special one for the holidays, and i love to see a book or a tutorial on how to make a pattern for portrait burning,
                some guidelines, rules....
                Sorry I ask so much, but it's only an answer on your question.....
                Frieke

www.friewoodart.webs.com

Look at the Galleries to see my pictures....
                Visit Frieke's Gallerie

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present

Comment

OOOOH! Sounds like a fun project and tutorial to me, Frieke. Do you have a particular photo that you want to do? Are you willing to let me use it as the sample????

Comment

profile.jpgnikita&amp;naomi.jpgKopie van kids in sepia.jpgcom 15.jpg

Hey Susan, that would be great! Sure you can use my picture. Is there a good one to make a pattern of?
                    I really would like to do the one of Nikita and Naomi in jeans....it's an older one but i love that picture.
                    Also the one with their profile I like...but it's up to you. if you need it in an other size just let me know, ok?
                    thanks in advance, and don't rush, I ordered my Razertip burner today, hope to have it next week.
                    And I'm planning to follow the tutorial of the steam punk, just have to finish a fairy from your book....
                    Frieke

www.friewoodart.webs.com

Look at the Galleries to see my pictures....
                    Visit Frieke's Gallerie

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present

Comment

I'm still around too. Been peeking in now and then. With the holidays coming and all the fall harvests I've been busy
                      making apple sauce and pumpkin puree for the freezer. In between that I've been finishing up a couple walking sticks for gifts.

I need to start on another burn or 2 also
                      Marcy
                      My Burns

Comment

Hi Guys
                        Lil ol me still here too . Trying very hard to get a rocking horse finished for my two grandaughters for chrimbo so the pyro and the turnings on the back burner for a little while. Hope not too long though. Any sign of the Pyro mag over here yet?. I think Scorch was sussing out some for us if she got the numbers?
                        Regards
                        Steve

Comment

Haven't seen her online lately, but I do have her email addy, so I might get in touch with her that way.
                          Lesley
                          Bedfordshire, England

www.wydon.co.uk

Comment

I'm here too, Lesley! I've also been wondering where everyone went...must be busy burning! I pop in here at least three times a day. My planned projects are on hold at the moment due to the need to do a major cleaning of my workspace so I can paint and finished previous projects.
                            Frieke...can't thank you enough for asking for a tutorial on pattern making! A huge hug for that!
                            Susan...oooooo...I luv the sound of your mythology patterns, very cool. You know folks, I really need to win a lottery, or something.......just to buy all the books I'd love to own! Sigh.....
                            Eric & Tom...glad you're still with us. I've got so much reading I want to do here on the forum and soooo many questions to ask, I don't know where to begin! LOL! This is just way too exciting!

Leslie

Comment

I've been here just didn't get around to posting till today. I think there is probably a lot of lurkers at first. I also think it is the time of year it is. We're all busy trying to get things done for the holidays and a lot of us have family in that are not normally around so less computer time. It will pick up I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X