Not a great start to the New Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a great start to the New Year!

After a great party last night we woke up this morning to a burst waterpipe in our workshop. The pipes froze and broke. When we unlocked the door a huge flood of water poured out as a result the carpet is underneath a few inches of water, and the computer is soaked. Unfortunately this is where i store most of my pyrography work. My sketch books, most of my pyrography books and patterns are soaked and are not salvageable. A few small wooden plaques have been soaked but hopefully they dry out ok. My Janik and my old antex have both been underwater but i hope i can dry them out. Luckily though i had taken my Davan and recent projects into the house so they are safe and sound!

So overall not a great start to the new year!

I wish everyone else a better start to the new year!!
    My new website!
    Find wooden blanks here:
    www.lous-woodland-crafts.co.uk

Re: Not a great start to the New Year!

So sorry to hear Lou, must've been heart breaking for you. Glad some things were saved. Take care and hopefully the year will see some goods things ahead..
    ann

Comment

OH NO! that's terrible. Hope it all dries out for you and you can save as much as possible. It can only go up from here..

Comment

Ah, so sorry to hear of your troubles Lou. >.<

Hope your equipment dries out okay.

Steve
        The Journey Is Everything.
        http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Pyro Community

https://plus.google.com/+SteveWright-sunlion/posts

https://www.facebook.com/SunlionPyro...?ref=bookmarks

Manchester UK

Comment

What a start to the year. I hope you can get dried out and save some of your things.

Comment

OMG Lou! So sorry to hear this. I do hope your machines will be ok
            Moxie

Comment

Sorry to hear that Lou , I hope you can salvage most of it , hope everything works all right . Once again sorry to hear this ... Wish you the best .

Richard

Comment

Hi Lou, How have you fared now that things have dried etc. Hoping that you manged to save some of your artworks.
                Cheers Ann

Comment

The plaques have been water stained slightly but they are ok, only little doodles and blanks anyway. The books i have left are dry but are a bit tatty. One of the covers have fallen off which bugs me a bit but that's only because i like things neat and ordered . My Janik is working though!

We also had two more pipes burst in the annex part of the house, one for heating and one in the toilet! These things come in three's i guess lol.

Thanks for asking
                  My new website!
                  Find wooden blanks here:
                  www.lous-woodland-crafts.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X