Where is everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everyone?

I've noticed, what seems to me, to be a dire shortage of participants on this message board/forum. What's up with that?? And of the ones that "do participate": it seems, again to me anyway, the bulk of them are from outside the US. Has pyrography fallen out of favor with folks here in the US? Is something of which I'm not aware at play here?

Thanks for your time!!

sbarnhardt
    NC, USA

Re: Where is everyone?

It fluctuates a lot, but it has been more active recently.

I suppose i haven't helped your theory though. Hello from the UK
    My new website!
    Find wooden blanks here:
    www.lous-woodland-crafts.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by loulou View Post
      Hello from the UK
      Well hello to you!! Was in a work related school here in the US 8-10 years ago with a fellow from Cardiff in Wales. We still email back and forth to this day. Would like to get over that way some day. Thanks for your response!!

sbarnhardt

Comment

Hi sbarnhardt. Morgan here down on the Texas Gulf Coast. There seem to be a lot more folks that will talk from the UK than the US. And all the UK folks are always nice...the few that comment with me from US are great as well. I'm guilty of not being very talkative on here as well though. I'll try to interact more. Don't give up on us.

Regards,
        Morgan (runfastml13)

Comment

Originally posted by runfastml13 View Post
          Morgan here down on the Texas Gulf Coast. There seem to be a lot more folks that will talk from the UK than the US. And all the UK folks are always nice...the few that comment with me from US are great as well. I'm guilty of not being very talkative on here as well though. I'll try to interact more. Don't give up on us.

Regards,
          Morgan (runfastml13)
          Hello Morgan.

I'm not giving up on anyone. Was just wondering is all. And hoping there were more on here than it looked. I'm looking forward to my set up getting here and getting going. Hoping for a lot participation which equates to a lot of brains to pick.

Later

S.A. "Barney" Barnhardt a.k.a. sbarnhardt
          North Carolina, USA

Comment

Steve here in the UK. It generaly goes quiet around the new year, as people gear up for a fresh one. I myself have started a new job, adapting to some mad changes to my waking and sleeping times and been doing a few other things not pyro based.

Come next month and the rest of the year I have a head full of projects I want to get stuck into and I am pretty sure things will pick up again here on the forums in the next couple of months. So if you have not read up on as many back posts as you can as yet I would take the chance before it gets busy again and the posts get knocked back a page or two again, Lol.

Happy burning.

Steve
            The Journey Is Everything.
            http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Pyro Community

https://plus.google.com/+SteveWright-sunlion/posts

https://www.facebook.com/SunlionPyro...?ref=bookmarks

Manchester UK

Comment

Hi sbarnhardt and welcome, from the snow covered and gale blown part of Scotland that is Fife.
              I don't post here much as I usually am quite busy elsewhere, but I try and have a look in at least once a week.
              You will find a lot of brains to pick on this forum including professional Pyrographers, you only have to ask.

take care
              Don W

Comment

I am Here In the Great State of TEXAS . It has been a few days since I have logged on , but I am back .

Richard

Comment

Sure is nice to hear from all you folks.

Don W....Your country is one of those on my bucket list of places to visit and/or things to do. My maternal grandmother was a Grant. Don't "know" there is a Scottish connection, but it's sure nice to ponder that. Seeing what I can find out, if anything, needs to be one of my "thing to do" also.

Don't mean to take anything away from, or slight, anyone else's home country/state. Scotland, along with Ireland, has always been one of my "wants." Then again, I've always had a healthy dose of champagne taste on a beer budget if you know what I mean!!

Later
                  Barney

Comment

Hi Barney,
                    A look at www.clangrant.org should get you anything you need to know about the Grant family and their connections with Scotland.
                    If you ever get over here I would be happy to take you around.

take care
                    Don W

Comment

Originally posted by donwatson View Post
                      Hi Barney,
                      A look at www.clangrant.org should get you anything you need to know about the Grant family and their connections with Scotland.
                      If you ever get over here I would be happy to take you around.

take care
                      Don W
                      Already a member of the US branch. Just a matter of getting off my duff and doing something. As for the offer of taking me around if I ever get there.....Thank you very much!!

Barney

Comment

Working...
                      X