What Has Happened?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Has Happened?

I found my way back to this forum a few weeks ago after and period of absence. I'm shocked, to say the least, at how "not busy" things are now. Itg's almost to the point of being non-existent.

I realize social media had taken over a lot of things, I've found a couple pyrography related FB pages, but has it gotten this bad for forums overall?

Thanks and "standing by"

In any hobby like this, folks get interested, get distracted and fall away, some for years. Even for those that are interested, it takes a critical mass to keep things alive, and there isn't enough volume of interest for this to be an active community. It looks like at one time, there was some buzz, but it decreased to where it is today. Now, everything seems to be going to facebook, so I suspect that is where the near term future for this type of community is. In 20 years, it will probably. be something else. Unfortunately, a lot of older folks are avoiding Facebook like the plague for a multitude of reasons, so that leaves them without a community at all.

Technology changes, and moves on with or without us. It is even starting to affect the scroll saw forums I think. It will be interesting to know if these sites are up in 10 years. Unless things change, I suspect this one will not be.

Comment

So what's the end result? Keep it going with what "is" here? Or, blow taps and say grace over it? "Somebody" is paying "something" to maintain this. Fox Chapel, I'm guessing. Maybe it's an advertising thing? I don't know, do you?

Comment

We still have folks come see the gallery and browse old content. If someone asks a question I can answer, I answer it. It doesn't take a lot of moderator work because I get an email anytime anyone posts. Maybe we will will reach critical mass again someday. In any case, I'll keep on keeping the spammers cleared away and see what happens.

Comment

Well, I'll hang in with you. I've been working on a project that I'll detain in the "Works In Progress." It's nothing monumental in the big scheme of things, but for me......

Maybe, just maybe, we can get a spark ignited. Huh??

Comment

Working...
          X