Hello from Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Florida

Just wanted to make a semi formal introduction. Ive dabbled in a lot of mediums over the years. Got inspired to take up burning a bit. Tried a couple of projects with a my cheapy soldering iron and decided to invest in an actual burner. Been loving it so far! Here are a couple of skateboards Ive done for collector friends.

Very nice. Thanks for showing your work. Which burner did you decide on?

-----Randy

Comment

Thank you Randy. Im using a Razertip. Pretty happy so far.

Comment

I use the Razertip hand pieces, but my main power unit is a Nibsburner. I was wanting the Razertip, but got the Nibsburner for Christmas, but as it turns out, it is pretty good, so no complaints.

On the non-wood burning side, did you make the skateboards from scratch? My son asked me to help him build one a few weeks back, but I though the veneering and forms and such would be a bit more than I could handle.

-----Randy

Comment

Originally posted by hotshot View Post
          I use the Razertip hand pieces, but my main power unit is a Nibsburner. I was wanting the Razertip, but got the Nibsburner for Christmas, but as it turns out, it is pretty good, so no complaints.

On the non-wood burning side, did you make the skateboards from scratch? My son asked me to help him build one a few weeks back, but I though the veneering and forms and such would be a bit more than I could handle.

-----Randy
          The shapes are hand cut. You can buy good, uncut blanks here and just make your own. They even have a lot of precut blanks too. All you have to do is sand the finish off and burn away.
          Last edited by Sk8burn; 06-17-2017, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sk8burn View Post

The shapes are hand cut. You can buy good, uncut blanks here and just make your own. They even have a lot of precut blanks too. All you have to do is sand the finish off and burn away.
            That is awesome! I'll forward this to my son to look at. Thanks a million

-----Randy

Comment

Working...
            X