X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members

PS

Nita says Ash and Sweet Chestnut are "c---p" to burn on too!!!
    Lesley
    Bedfordshire, England

www.wydon.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by LesleyW View Post
      Welcome, Sam, to our happy little band.

As you're in the UK you'll find that basswood is as rare as hen's teeth, but lime will do the trick. Any of the light-coloured woods are suitable - lime, sycamore, beech, maple, holly etc etc. But don't bother with pine or oak, both are horrible to burn, unless you are just doing lettering - even then they're a bit tricky. Good quality Birch-faced plywood is very good, but you'd need a frame to go round your picture. Remember to sand your wood before transferring your drawing onto it.

Whereabouts are you? If you're anywhere near Bedfordshire, this coming weekend there's "WoodWorks" at the Millenium Park, Marston Moretaine, mid Beds. It's a great day out, all sorts of wood things to look at and/or buy. That goes for any other UK members who might be near enough to visit. Nita Bennett and I will be there pyroing like mad and Jeff will be there tying himself up in knots, and showing the kids how to make a piece of rope.
      Ooo im tempted to go! Only about 2 hours away.

P.S Think im going to get a Davan soon, my Janik is giving up on me :'(
      My new website!
      Find wooden blanks here:
      www.lous-woodland-crafts.co.uk

Comment

Thankyou for your lovely welcome x I am in redditch which is about 14 milesfrom Birmingham. So a little far for me to travel unfortunately, I have now bought some good quality plywood and am enjoying burning on that, I will post a couple of pictures for you to have a look ar see what you all think x
        Thankyou all again xxx

Comment

I did introduce my self and I did post a pic today of a piece I just finished. This is a wonderful site I finally get to meet people that has a passion for pyrography
          Stella
          Bearlady68@ymail.com

Comment

Though I'm new to the forum, I'm not new to being an artist. I did Chinese brush painting for over 20 years, also have a history working in oils, sculpting stone, pen & ink drawing among other media. I began my work in pyrography in the spring of 2014. My name is Aline, I'm in Coventry, CT and my website is www.maplebrookstudio.net. It's nice to be part of a forum.

Comment

Working...
            X