What is going on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on?

We had a pretty bad run for a bit. Seems the Russians Spammers got the best of us for a while, but over the last few months, we have been diligently watching for and stomping out the bad guys and wiping out their posts.

What is the state of this forum?

We still have a lot of guests visit, looking at the archives, and such, so the forum is still providing a service to the community, but from the perspectives of new submissions, things are quiet (dead).

If you have any recent works to show, or older burnings that are not on here, please help us out by posting some fresh content. Either way, we will continue try to keep the site clean and available if anyone want's to chat, or show off your works to our visitors. I would love to see this site resurrected, and have put considerable effort into cleaning it up, but time will tell.

I have a new technique that I think could really help the "artistically challenged" to be able to put out great work without the hassle of tracing outlines with carbon paper, or similar methods. I've been working on the idea for a while, and vetted it with traditional drawing, so hopefully, I can present it here soon.

If anyone reads this . . . post back :-)
    Last edited by hotshot; 08-11-2017, 05:18 PM.

Russian Spammers!! Wait. What? Why on earth would they attack a pyrography message board? Totally befuddled.
    Anywho... I'll be posting some new stuff. Happy burning y'all.
    Cate McCauley
    Pyrographic Illustrations
    Web Site: catemcc.com

Comment

Very good Cate, glad to see you pop back in. Look forward to seeing your new stuff.

-----Randy

Comment

hi Hotshot. Thank you for the message. Yes been awhile had major tech issues and got busy and just waffled off and away. Hope that you get the forum/site up and going again as it was really awesome for the info and seeing the many talented people on here with their beautiful creations. Also enjoyable chatting with many from all corners of the globe. Best wishes and cheers. I will try and pop in again.

Comment

Originally posted by ann View Post
          hi Hotshot. Thank you for the message. Yes been awhile had major tech issues and got busy and just waffled off and away. Hope that you get the forum/site up and going again as it was really awesome for the info and seeing the many talented people on here with their beautiful creations. Also enjoyable chatting with many from all corners of the globe. Best wishes and cheers. I will try and pop in again.
          Thanks Anne, thanks for checking back. We should have some cool stuff on here shortly.

Comment

Hotshot, how would I show one of my recent works?

Comment

Originally posted by bentrider View Post
              Hotshot, how would I show one of my recent works?
              Bentrider, when you create a new post, you should see a icon that looks like a paperclip on a piece of paper. Click that icon, then upload an attachment.

Another way is to go into the advanced editor by clicking the icon that looks like it has an A with an underline. That link will take you to the advanced editor, where you can click on the icon of the Camera to attach a picture. Hope that helps.

------Randy

Comment

Working...
              X