Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire for Janik burners

Just signed-up with a question or two.

I am not a pyrographer but I was given a Janik H1 machine recently, with only one wire loop tip. I have found it very useful for cutting laminates and solid forms, but I want to make sure I have the means to replace the wire loop when it burns out, or more likely when I break it. Google cannot find me a source of spares. I am a retired electrical engineer and I can guess that the wire is Nichrome or similar. It is certainly not iron or steel. Can anyone here tell me what it is, and where I can buy small quantities of this type of wire, and what diameter is needed for this machine - I have no way to measure the diameter of the wire in the one loop I have. If the Janik H1 is so old that no-one recognises it, I would be grateful for any other information, such as the typical power dissipation of these wire loop burners, so that I can calculate what is needed. The transformer outputs between 1.4 and 2.2 volts in 4 steps, although this drops to 0.7 - 1.1 across the wire tip.

Thanks.
    Peter Martinez

No-one has read this topic except me, so no answers. I found the answer myself elsewhere. The wire is 0.57mm dia. (24 swg) Nichrome.

Now to figure out how to unsubscribe from this forum...

Peter

Comment

Working...
    X